15 Practical Pandemic Thoughts:
1. Take your multi pack disinfectant Clorox wipes and go Clean...Clean your house. Clean your car. Clean whatever you need to. Then share your extra wipes with others in need. Hoarding it in your house does nothing. Others need to be clean to not pass the virus to you...AND cleaning turns panic into productivity.
2. If your church cancels services, find a way to give online... don’t stop giving. Churches are often the first place people run to in the midst of a crisis. Churches need the funds to be ready to help those in need and those serving around the world.
3. Work on filling your freezer and pantry not your toilet paper supply.
4. Turn on the local news over cable news. Local news will give the real facts without assumptions and causing further panic. Cable news will only continue to add to the panic.
5. Enjoy being home. Start that project. Clean out closets. Work in the yard. Read. Cuddle those babies and play with the kiddos that are home from school. Use this time wisely. It's a gift not punishment.
6. Be aware of those around you in need. Pray for creative childcare for kids from closed schools and daycares. Pray for the elderly who are now further cut off from the world. Offer to help in any way if you are able.
7. Don’t complain about closings and cancels. Precautions are being put in place for a reason. Follow directions even if they seem crazy. Respect the wisdom and instructions of our elected authorities.
8. Take one day at a time. Don’t make any decisions for anything months from now based on the fear of today.
9. Talk through about what’s going on with family, friends, co-workers, employees etc. Have a plan in place...then change the subject. Go about life as normal as possible.
10. Pray for the healthcare workers working around the clock. Pray for grocery store/pharmacy workers. Pray for our Military. Pray for Americans overseas. Pray for the economy. Pray for our government officials as they seek to make informed and wise decisions.
11. Whatever you do...don’t make this political. We need to be a unified country more than ever. Working together for the greater good of our nation and people. This isn’t about Democrats or Republicans...this is about being Americans and doing the right thing.
12. Wash your hands.
13. Wash your hands.
14. Wash your hands.
15. Wash your hands,
This pandemic has created crazy changes, cancelled plans and difficult closures. We’re all on the edge... waiting. There are things we all can do to make this wait a little easier. This time isn’t wasted... Be practical. Be wise. God will work it out. He always does.